The ASME V is the guideline to make an NDE procedure, how to evaluate the report or defect is defined by Construction as below for your quick reference:
ANSI / ASME B31.1 &ANSI / ASME B31.3
|Indication > 1/16″(1.5mm) shall be considered as relevant
1. Linear Indication: Any crack or linear indication
2. Rounded Indications Indications with dimensions >3/16″(5.0mm) Four or more rounded indication in a line separated by 1/16″(1.5mm) or less edge to edge.
3. Ten or more rounded indication in any 6 in of surface with the major dimension of this area not to exceed 6 in.
ASME SEC I, IX, VIII D1, VIII D2**
|Indications > 1/16″ (1.5 mm) shall be considered as relevant The following indications shall be rejectable:
1. Relevant linear indication >1/16″ (1.5mm)
2. Relevant rounded indications > 3/16″ (5 mm)
3. Four or more rounded indications in a line separated by 1/16″ or less (edge to edge).
4.**Crack like indications detected, irrespective of surface conditions, are unacceptable.
|API 2B – Offshore Tubular||No require PT on structure (Only RT, UT)|
|API 2A – Offshore Platform||Defect as per ASTM SE 165|
|DNV F101 – Subsea pipes||1. Crack-like indications: not permitted
2. Linear indications with length more than 2 mm or three times the width: not permitted. Linear indications with length < 1.5 mm may be deemed irrelevant
3. Rounded indications: Diameter < 3 mm, accumulated diameters in any 100 × 150 mm area < 8 mm.
|AWS D1.1||Acceptance / Rejection criteria is dependent on service condition.
Refer to the relevant project engineer or the Inspection
Department. (Table 6.1 for visual inspection acceptance criteria can be applied)