CSWIP 3.1 QUESTION AND ANSWER SERIES
[BUY] CSWIP 3.1 Learning Package
(145mb) Books & Chapter wise Questions (General Paper + Technical Paper) and Answers. Examination notes on Practical Examination of Plate/Pipe CSWIP 3.1 Learning Presentation
CSWIP 3.1: Question with Answer and Explanation – Part 8
1) Which of the following would not be required to be checked before welding?
|a.||The welding consumable|
|b.||The welder qualification|
|c.||Calibration of the welding equipment|
|d. ( answer )||The workshop humidity|
Pls see below link: Typical Duties of a Welding Inspector
2) Is it permissible to allow a trainee welder to carry out production welding?
|a. ( answer )||Never|
|b.||Yes as long as the supervisor is happy with his workmanship standard|
|c.||Yes as long as he has the approved qualification to cover the intended scopr of work|
|d.||Yes as long as no NDT is required on the finished weld|
- Before Welding: list of available qualified welders related to WPS’s, certificates are valid and ‘in-date’.
- During Welding: is approved to weld the joint
3) What information should be recorded as a minimum, on a completed production weld?
|a.||Size and type of electrode used|
|b.||Welding supervisor’s name|
|c. ( answer )||Welder’s identification, date and weld number|
|d.||Welding inspectors name|
After Welding – Weld Identification:
- identified/numbered as required
- is marked with welder’s identity
4) Which standard is used for the basic requirements for visual inspection?
|a. ( answer )||BS EN 970|
|c.||BS EN 7079|
|d.||BS EN 4515|
BS EN 970 – Non-destructive examination of fusion welds – Visual examination
5) Which standard is used for European welding procedure qualifications?
|b.||BS EN ISO 4872|
|c. ( answer )||BS EN ISO 15614|
|d.||BS EN ISO 287|
6) A procedure is a document which:
|a. ( answer )||Specifies the way to carry out an activity or a process|
|b.||Provides binding legistative rules that are adopted by an authority|
|c.||Specifies which resources shall be applied by whom and when, to a specific project, product process or contract|
|d.||A written and verbal description of the precise steps to be followed|
7) Which BS EN standard is used for welding symbols on drawings?
|a.||BS EN 970|
|c. ( answer )||BS EN 22553|
|d.||BS EN 4515|
8) A document that is established by consensus and approved by a recognised body and provides, for common and repeated use, guidelines, rules, characteristics for activities or their results, aimed at the achievement of the optimum degree of order in a given context is called:
|d. ( answer )||Standard|
- Specification: Document stating requirements. Meaning full data and its supporting medium stating needs or expectations that is stated, generally implied or obligatory.
Standard: A document that is established by consensus and approved by a recognised body. A standard provides, for common and repeated use, guidelines, rules, and characteristics for activities or their results, aimed at the achievement of the optimum degree of order in a given context.
9) A fillet weld has a design throat thickness of 8mm. What is the minimum leg length that is required?
|b. ( answer )||11.2mm|
|d.||It cannot be determined from the information given|
Design Throat Thickness = Leg Length x 0.7
Leg Length = Design Throat Thickness x 1.4
It means: 11.2mm
10) Which of the following actions can help to prevent the production of spatter during a welding process:
|a.||Switch to AC power|
|b.||Use dry electrodes|
|c.||Reduce arc current|
|d. ( answer )||All of the above|
Spatter: small droplets of electrode material can be projected clear of the weld and may be fused to the parent metal. Cause:
- Excessive current
- Damp electrodes
- Incorrect wire feed speed when welding with the MAG welding process
- Arc blow
- Reduce arc power
- Reduce arc length or swith to AC power
- Modify electrical settings ( but be careful to maintain full fusion )
- Use dry electrodes
Pls see next part:
One thought on “CSWIP 3.1: Question with Answer and Explanation – Part 7”