[BUY] CSWIP 3.1 Learning Package
(145mb) Books & Chapter wise Questions (General Paper + Technical Paper) and Answers. Examination notes on Practical Examination of Plate/Pipe CSWIP 3.1 Learning Presentation
Now we will continue these steps to carry out Qualify Welder!
Welder qualification to perform the work follows an Approved WPS ( welding procedure specification. It has some steps as below:
1) Code & standard apply for testing:
In this case we use: ASME IX
2) Witness for Welder testing:
Each performance qualification welder testing shall be done under full supervise and control by a third party. Normally, it is Classification ( ABS / BV/ DNV-GL, LR, KR… )
This party have to sign on welder card / welder cert after the welder pass examination.
3) Train The Welder For The Process To Be Qualified:
– Welder is trained to know skill in performing the Welding Process.
– He need have knowledge in operation of machine, precautions in storage & usage of consumable, defects in welding, their causes and remedy.
– He practice welding in the particular position in which he is to be tested / qualified.
4) Testing procedure:
- Check WPS what is used for qualificaiton
- Check Essential variable for Welder testing: pls see Part 2:
Welder qualification follow ASME IX- Part 2: Essential Variable for Welder Qualification!
5) Preparation Of Test Coupon:
– Prepare A Test Coupon Out of 300 х 150 х (t) mm CS Plates/pipe: min length at least 150mm
– Angle, Root Face & Root Opening Shall Be As Per The WPS
– Provide Run in & Run Out Coupon & Fix the Test Coupon In Any One Of The Positions To Be Qualified.
– Weld The Groove Fully In The Position
– All Welding Variables Shall be Strictly Within The Qualified WPS
6) Base metal/welding material:
To follow WPS
7) Testing position:
8) Diameter of test coupon:
9) Thickness qualify:
10) Fillet weld test:
11) Acceptance criterial:
+ DT or NDT
Pls see previous part:
Welder qualification follow ASME IX- Part 1: Genenral
12) Expiration and Renewal of Qualification:
– QW-320 covers the requirements for retesting and renewing welder qualification
– QW-322 Expiration and Renewal of Qualification:
- When the welder has not welded with the process within 6 months
- When there is a specific reason to question his ability to make welds that met the specifications