Corrosion Rate for New Vessel and Service Change per API 510;
According to API 510, “Corrosion Rate” for Pressure Vessel to be reinstalled or Pressure Vessel is changed. Service Conditions can be obtained.
- Use the Corrosion Rate of the Vessel that has the same or similar Service Condition
- The Corrosion Specialist is the person who estimates Or estimates the value from the published data such as API 581.
- Use the double thickness measurement to calculate the corrosion rate by the first time after the Vessel service for 3-6 months and the second time according to the appropriate period so that the value can be estimated Corrosion Rate.
Corrosion Rate for New Piping and Service Change per API 570;
In calculating the Remaining Life of pipes in accordance with API 570, “Corrosion Rate” for piping that is newly installed or piping with service changes can be determined by:
- Use the Corrosion Rate of the Vessel that has the same or similar service condition.
- Use the experience of the Owner / User or use the Corrosion Rate from Published Data such as API 581.
- Double-thickness measurement in calculating Corrosion Rate for the first time after Piping the service to be 3-6 months, and the second time for the right moment to be able to estimate the Corrosion Rate.