Slip-on Flanges Limits per ASME B31.3;
In the ASME B31.3 Piping Code, restrictions on slip-on flanges are specified as follows:
- Use welding Double-Welded for
- Service that causes Severe erosion, Crevice corrosion, and Cyclic loading
- Service that is combustible, toxic and harmful to people
- Service at temperatures below -101 C
2. Do not Slip-on Flanges with Service with high pressure than ASME B16.5 Flange Class 2500.
3. Avoid Slip-on Flanges with Service that changes the temperature up – downtime (, Many the Large Temperature Contact of Cycle), especially with Flanges are not covered Insulation, which will cause a change in the temperature of the Flange and. Pipe quickly and may lead to thermal fatigue cracking at the welding line.