CSWIP 3.1 Learning Package
Over 2000 Questions (General Paper + Technical Paper) and Answers. Examination notes on Practical Examination of Plate/Pipe CSWIP 3.1 Learning Presentation FROM 2013 – 2019
CSWIP 3.1 QUESTION AND ANSWER SERIES
1) When using DC+ve polarity, what is the typical OCV?
|c. ( answer )||90V|
2) When MMA welding what will be the effect on the weld if the electrode was changed from DC+ve to AC
|b.||It would have been easier for the welder to strike the arc|
|c.||It would slightly increase the depth of penetration|
|d. ( answer )||It would give less penetration|
3) What would the effect be if the polarity were changed from DC+ve to DC-ve?
|b. ( answer )||Greater deposition rate|
|d.||Less deposition rate|
Pls see previous question!!!
4) Which of the following processes uses a flat characteristic?
|a. ( answer )||MAG (GMAW)|
|b.||Oxy-fuel gas welding|
|c.||Resistance spot welding|
|d.||SAW using more than 1000 amps|
5) How could arc blow be avoided?
|a. ( answer )||Use AC|
|d.||Increase travel speed|
6) Which process uses a constant current characteristic?
|b. ( answer )||MMA|
|d.||All processes use this|
7) If the maximum inter pass temperature is exceeded in a carbon manganese butt weld … affected most
|b. ( answer )||Toughness|
8) What is meant by the term duty cycle?
|a.||How long a welder can weld for in a given period|
|b.||The amount of time the electrode is being used|
|c. ( answer )||The amount of time a welding machine can be used|
|d.||The amount of electricity being consumed|
9) The term manual welding is often used when the welder controls:
|a. ( answer )||Arc length|
|c.||Burn off rate|
10) Which welding process develops the lowest level of hydrogen …
|a. ( answer )||TIG|
Pls see next part: